Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Gracie!

Gracie turned 2 on January 18th!! And we had a royal princess party in honor of her highness on the 16th. All little girls came dressed as princesses and we painted a big castle on a sheet to hang on the wall. Gracie was super excited about having her own castle and refused to let us take it down for days afterward. (Actually it just came down last night.)




The royal birthday cake...shaped like a castle, of course!


We made crowns from poster board and all the princesses decorated them with markers, crayons, and stick on jewels.

Then we played pin the crown on Princess Ariel.

And sang Happy Birthday and blew out the candles. She was a pro and blew it out all on her own!
This week, my brother and his wife went out of town on a cruise and Monti and Gracie and I get to stay with their kiddos. For the first part of the week we stayed at their house and Gracie has had a blast playing with her cousins. The other night Chandler got to play Guitar Hero on the Wii and Gracie decided she wanted to join in the fun. So she borrowed Cousin Harley's Hannah Montana guitar and started rockin' out!!

4 comments:

joni said...

How cute are those pictures! Happy Birthday to princess Gracie! I also love her rocking out with hannah montana!

Lovin Family said...

The girls had a great time at the party and Marcie carried around the thank you card Gracie sent out for days. That little Gracie is so dang adorable! Thanks for the invite to the royal parTAY! xoxox

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

So so cute!! You guys are such wonderful parents (and creative) to build her a castle for her birthday!! So stink'n cute!!

Shelbi Whittaker said...

Hi, this is Shelbi, Wendi's sister. I just wanted to tell you THANK you for all of your thoughts and prayers. Wendi told me that you always ask about me and pray for me and my baby. I was shocked to hear how much you really cared, even though you didnt really know me. I think it is SOOOO nice of you and I have to admit...a few times it made me get tears in my eyes. Its nice to know that Wendi has such nice friends. Wendi also told me that you wanted to see my baby sometime, you are welcome to come anytime, and seriously...THANK you for thinking of us! I really appreciate it!!!!
Shelbi Whittaker