Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's a Miracle!

Well, Monti and I found out yesterday that we are expecting another baby! We are overwhemingly happy!! After we lost Harry, our first thought was that we weren't sure we ever wanted to try that again. Then as time passed, and our wounds healed a little, we decided that of course we wanted more kids. But were still terrified of what results we might end up with.
Ultimately, we decided that we needed to put it in the Lord's hands and have faith that he wouldn't lead us astray, whatever path He led us down. We figured that with the extreme effort it took to get pregnant with Gracie and Harry, if the Lord saw fit to send us another baby without all the help, it would be a true miracle! And He has sent us another little miracle!!
I had a sneaking suspicion that something might be up last week when I was sick for several days in a row. I decided that if things stayed the same, I'd test on Monday. Friday night Monti and I were able to go to our ward temple night and we had a really amazing session. Hot and full, but also filled with the Spirit. So we stopped by Walmart on Friday night and picked up a test. Then Saturday morning, on Harry's 5 month birthday, I tested and got two beautiful little blue lines.
We enter this next adventure with trepidation and just a bit of outright fear. But we also have faith that the Lord knows best! And if He saw fit to send us this miracle, He can also take our fears and turn them into a faith inspiring experience. We just have to provide a little faith and He'll do the rest! So...keep us in your prayers...we can use all that we can get!!

10 comments:

Trisha Hall said...

Congratulations! You are such an example of someone who has great faith.

Unknown said...

We are so happy for you!!! You're always in our prayers. xoxo

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

tears..... congrats you two! I'm so thrilled for you!

Randall Bunch said...

We are so happy for you! We will keep you in our prayers. Heavenly Father does know the intentions in our hearts. He knows your love for Harry and also knows that you can spread that love to another child. We love you!
Shane & Becky Randall

The Kleyn Family said...

:) :) :) :) :) Hooray to you! Congrats from us!!

beth said...

xxoo

Teanne said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy that God has granted you another miracle. We will be praying for you that all goes well.
That camping trip sounded like a blast! I miss game nights, when Billy and I were newlyweds we used to have game nights with friends but now it's pretty much non existent. We should do a game night with a bunch of couples from the ward! I know we talked about it a long time ago...
Anyway I never get to talk to you very long at church, but it's nice to at least catch up this way. That weekend sounded like so much fun.

Shelbi Whittaker said...

I am SO happy for you!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Lovin Family said...

I haven't been able to get you guys off my mind since your call the other night. I'm so happy for your miracle. I love you guys!!!!


xoxox

Nicole said...

Love you so much! Tears come again just as they did when I first heard while in Costco:) Our faith and prayers are also with you!