Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holiday Fun

Ok, so I know I missed Halloween and touched on it in my last post. But I finally downloaded my pictures off my camera and couldn't resist posting these. Again, I know I'm partial, but I think she's just the cutest darn thing!! So...without further ado...here's Dorothy!



Last weekend we went to ZooLights. It was really cool and Gracie loved it. To anyone considering going, wait til after Christmas. I'm told it's free then. It's $10 a person now...OUCH! But we had a buy one admission, get one free coupon from SRP and Gracie is still free. So $10 for a family outing was worth it to us.

She absolutely loves penguins and is thrilled that they are all over the place at Christmas!! So when she spotted this one, she had to pose with him.



Then she spotted the carousel. Her FAVORITE thing in the world and begged until I gave in. She was kinda freaked out by all the endangered animals. Lions, Tigers, Dragons etc. are not exactly up her alley. So she finally found a "dolphin". I couldn't bring myself to tell her it was actually a shark. So she rode the nice "dolphin" and had a blast.



And when she got off she turned all her charms on her daddy and convinced him it was worth another $2 to go again with him. This time the slightly less frightening hummingbird was available and she spent the entire trip yelling YEE HAW at the top of her lungs. The girl can attract quite a bit of attention, let me tall ya.





This week we did a gingerbread house for Family Home Evening. Gracie wasn't sure if it was more fun to eat the candy or decorate the house. I let her have creative freedom and she didn't do half bad. The obsessive/compulsive in me really struggled to not "fix" it and make it a little prettier. But she was determined it looked great. So I took a lot of deep breaths and let her go at it.











And here it is, the finished product. Not bad for a 2 year old being helped along by her father. :) And yes, that is a poor headless gingerbread man laying in front. You might not want to expose your children to this kind of carnage. Sorry.








2 comments:

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

I agree, she is the cutest thing ever!!

Unknown said...

I love how Gracie is sticking her little tongue out as she is precisely placing the little jelly bean on the roof top! Such determination.

...and I had to laugh about you telling yourself not to correct the mess. I would be the exact same way!